- Diary Dates
- Latest News
- 17 Jun Year 5 Residential
- 18 Jun EYFS information evening
- 27 Jun Sports day
- 28 Jun Epic Reading Day Author Event
- 1 Jul Last club sessions this week
- 2 Jul Year 6 Bournside Transition
- 3 Jul New Class transition days
- 3 Jul Year 6 All Saints Transition
- 5 Jul Summer Fair
- 5 Jul Prince of Wales Athletics Competition 5-7pm
- MORE DATES CALENDAR
Visits and Remission Policy
Our school believes that all our pupils should have an equal opportunity to benefit from activities and visits (curricular and extra-curricular) that are provided outside the Academies' premises. Taking part should be independent of their parents’ financial means. We do our best to ensure a good range of visits and activities is offered and, at the same time, try to minimise the financial barriers which may prevent some pupils taking full advantage of the opportunities.
We offer the following types of activities arranged in support of the educational aims of the school:
- Out of hours Clubs (music, drama, art, conservation, sport, etc)
- Academy teams
- Regular nearby visits (libraries, shops, woodlands, place of worship, walks in local area)
- Day visits for particular year groups
- Residential visits
- Adventure activities, which might be classed as higher risk.
These activities are made available to pupils by invitation, by class or year group or by other criteria depending on the nature of the activity or visit.
We have an appropriate person as the Offsite Visits Co-ordinator (OVC) approved by the Academy Governing Body. The Governing Body will delegate the consideration and approval of offsite visits and other offsite activities to the Headteacher and s/he will act as signatory, as necessary, on behalf of the Governing Body.