- Diary Dates
- Latest News
- 17 Jun Year 5 Residential
- 18 Jun EYFS information evening
- 27 Jun Sports day
- 28 Jun Epic Reading Day Author Event
- 1 Jul Last club sessions this week
- 2 Jul Year 6 Bournside Transition
- 3 Jul New Class transition days
- 3 Jul Year 6 All Saints Transition
- 5 Jul Prince of Wales Athletics Competition 5-7pm
- 5 Jul Summer Fair
- MORE DATES CALENDAR
This page will give you information about the homework requirements in each year group and also provide guidance about extra activities you could do with your child.
There are four parts of weekly homework:
- Reading (15 minutes a day, every day)
- Spelling (a list of words to learn)
- Maths (facts to learn)
- Poem (learn off by heart)
Throughout the year there may be extra revision and projects that are set too.
We are really keen to work on the children's skills for remembering information as this helps them to build links, form opinions and predictions and have confidence in their own knowledge.
We are promoting a range of memory techniques that children could use to remember their facts/ spellings/ poem. If they find another method that works for them please encourage them to share it with us and the other children!
Some ideas are:
- Saying it out loud
- Being tested by someone else
- Making flash cards (cards with the facts on)
- Drawing in different colours/shapes
- Repeating to yourself
- Making up a rhyme
- Jump, run or bounce a ball while you repeat the fact/word
- Playing/making a game
Some useful websites are;
Woodlands Juniors (Lots of links to Maths games) http://resources.woodlands.kent.sch.uk/maths/index.html
Hit the Button (Number Facts) https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Spell Zone (All the word lists for each year group with linked games) https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/index.cfm
Mathletics (Year 2 - 6 have a personal log in for this site) https://community.mathletics.com/signin/#/student
Copies of homework that has been sent out.
This runs until October half term. Children are expected to have learnt all the poems and facts by half term and will be tested on a selection of these each week.